Three day protest in Balochistan over killings

Posted on Updated on

The discovery of the bullet-riddled bodies of two activists of Baloch nationalist groups in Balochistan has prompted a call for a three-day protest and 40 days of mourning in the province.

  Nearly 200 bodies of activists of Baloch nationalist groups have been found in the province since last year. Relatives of the dead men have alleged that they were killed by intelligence and security agencies.

The security establishment has denied the charges.The bodies of Baloch Republican Party informational secretary Jalel Reki and Baloch National Movement activist Mohammad Younus were found dumped in Aap Sar area of Turbat,close to border with Iran, on Wednesday.

Reki’s body bore multiple marks of torture, media reports said. Reki’s relatives said he was taken away from Quetta by
unidentified armed men on February 13, 2009.The BRP has called for a three-day strike across Balochistan and 40 days of mourning to condemn the killing of its leader.

According to Reki’s father Abdul Qadeer Baloch, an FIR had been registered against then Inspector General of the Frontier Corps, Maj Gen Saleem Nawaz, and an official of an intelligence agency for their alleged involvement in the detention of his son.

Younus was a resident of Tasp in Panjgur. His body was handed over to his relatives.Reki’s father has formed the Voice for Baloch Missing Persons with other relatives of persons detained without charge by security agencies.

He has been on hunger strike outside Quetta Press Club for the release of his son and other missing persons.Nasrullah Baloch, chairman of Voice for Baloch Missing Persons, has asked international human rights organisations to take notice of incidents of abduction, extra-judicial killings and recovery of decomposed bodies of Baloch activists.

Advertisements